Remembrance day just passed by this weekend. I'm a cadet and so I had to eork for it. I had to do the over night vigil at the Preston cenotaph. All cadets that went had shifts. I had one shift. It was from 4:00 to 5:00am. I had to get up at 3:00am just to get ready. Anyway before my shift I will tell you what happened before I had to do my shift. So I got to the church, where we stayed. Then I went to put my bags where the guys were sleeping. After doing that I hung my uniform in the basement area. Next I went back upstairs and started to make my bed. Sll of the other csdets slept on the cold tile floor but the did bring a sleeping bag. Where I borrowed my uncle's cot. For those who don't know what a cot is, it is a fold up bed. It is extremely comfortable. Anyway I think I got the best sleep out of every body. But I only got around 3 hours or less. After I was set up, my friends came, they set up their stuff. Then we plalyed Texas Holdem for about 1 hour. Then pizza and other junk foods came out. It was really good because we could have as much as we wanted until they ran out. After that long snack break I kept playing poker. Then we fooled around and told jokes. Everybody exchanged phones and called eachother's contacts. It was a lot of fun. 11pm was lights out but we still acted dumb anyway. I fell asleep because of the time my shift was at. I did my shift and it was tiring. I went back in after the hour and laid down for the last hour of sleep. We had to wake up at 6:00am. We all woke up and started packing our stuff. Then we have breakfast. Then we parade down to the cenotaph. We do the 2 hour reception and then it's time to go home. Thats why I'm probably looking really tiered. Because I am. That's my weekend for only that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment